The Barton Foundation
The Barton School Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. The purpose of the Foundation is to provide financial support for the mission of Clara Barton Open School, located at 4237 Colfax Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Barton Plant Sale and other Foundation proceeds pay for programs that enhance the education experience at Barton not funded by district, state, or federal money, including:
The Foundation manages and distributes money raised to support Clara Barton Open School in its mission.
- Teaching Staff (including band and strings teachers, bilingual support, reading specialist and options coordinator)
- Curriculum Enhancements (including classroom supplies, supplemental curriculum costs, school publications, and the Midwest Food Connection)
- Arts Enrichment (artists in residence, in-school performances, Uppers musical, and Art Adventure)
- Field Trip Expenses (generally and including overnight experiences like Wolf Ridge)
- Transportation Assistance (after-school and family taxi fund)
The Barton Leadership Council, consisting of the principal, staff representatives, and parent representatives, elects the board of the Foundation, and assists the Foundation in setting priorities for distribution of funds.